Friday, August 5, 2016

June: Ewok Zipline, soccer and blueberries


June was a fun month. I ran a couple more hash runs, went to a Blueberry festival and attended a couple professional soccer games. Traildog Sparta and I spent quite a few evenings in my old training area, the Country Lakes section of Browns Mills, NJ. We were scouting the trails for a hash run I was haring. I used to live there and loved it because there are miles and miles of great trails. I continue to find interesting things out in those woods. Besides the Browns Mills Marina which I found last month in the woods (see last month’s posting “The Hash Continues”), this month I found a homemade zipline someone had attached to a tree stand. I nicknamed it the Ewok Village Zipline. Both attractions were well received by the hashers that came out to run in our McGuire Dix Lakehurst Hash House Harriers (MDLH3) Hash #3 on June 18th (pictures below). Brag-a-deer General and I also traveled to Toms River, NJ on June 26th for a Going Down Hash House Harriers (GDH3) Hash. It was hosted and hared by Not-in-my-Hair. The trail started at Christopher’s Pub on Hooper Ave. and had one beer stop at Artisan’s Restaurant & Brewery. With items like black truffle raviolis and creme brule on their menu, we were a bit under dressed in our sweaty running cloths but they served us anyways.  After some liquid refreshments we continued on back to Christopher’s Pub for the on-after and lunch.
 
 
 
 

 

Since Traildog Sparta and I run so much at Whitesbog Village we were asked to represent traildogs at the 33rd annual Blueberry Festival on June 25th. It was a great day full of family activities, local artisan’s showing and selling their creations, live Folk, Blues, Classic Rock, Bluegrass, Oldies, and Celtic music and hundreds of wonderful visitors.
 
 
 

Non-running related but memorable just the same, I attended a couple of professional soccer games in June. I took my family to a first round soccer game of the Copa America in Philadelphia where USA beat Paraguay 1-0 moving USA up to the Quarter-finals. USA went on to take 4th place over all matching their best showing. My daughter Asia and I also attended a Philadelphia Union soccer game on June 22nd. The Union beat the Chicago Fire 4-3.



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment