Friday, October 7, 2016

August Hash Report

On-On, August was a slow hash month for me as I only made it to three events. I travelled to Garwood and Short Hills, NJ to run with the NOSE (North of Seventy Eight) H3 group. I like running in north Jersey because I can usually get in a good hill workout while drinking their beer, a great combination! The hash on Thursday August 18 was a combination Summit Full Moon H3, Summit H3, and NOSE H3 effort. No Genitals and Semper Feline set a nice trail thru the streets of Garwood with a single beer stop near Unami Park. We finished the night up with the On-after at the Station Bar & Grill. The following Thursday night I headed up to Short Hills, NJ for NOSE #126 hared by Deer Bitch. Luckily he pre-layed the trail because he had to leave quickly due to an emergency. Since Deer Bitch was also to be at the beer stop we were left pondering if we were actually expected to run the entire 3-4 mile trail without beer. Luckily, Douche Brag volunteered to carry everyone’s beer in a backpack so we wouldn’t go thirsty. Disaster avoided! We had the On-after at Scotty’s Pub & Comedy Cove in Springfield, NJ.
(Beer in the backpack and ready to run)
(Modern-day petroglyph?)
 
My third and final hash for August was with MDL (McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst) H3 on Saturday 27th. My dog, Traildog Sparta, and I co-hared a 5 mile trail at our favorite place to run, historic Whites Bog, NJ. We had a small turnout of only 9 counting the 2 dogs but good nonetheless. Bragadeer General and his dog Lager Dog (aka Traildog Danny), Tin Tin, Cunning Linguist, Kojak, Just James, Just Marie, Traildog Sparta and myself. I usually live-hare the trails but on this day I chose to pre-lay it so I could man the 3 beer stops. That’s right…we had 3 beer stops on the 5 mile trail! The second beer stop was set up on what I call Beer Island; but, on this day Beer Island was under water so what to do? Set it up there anyways (picture below). Besides, the water felt great on the 90 degree day. Another memorable moment that day was that my dog Traildog Sparta earned his hash name, “Autofelatio” at the circle. He earned it because he can! Finally, the evening ended with a live concert behind the Whitesbog General Store where Full Moon Risin’ played for about 2 hours.
(Setting trail)

(Traildog Sparta suggested this section of trail)
 (True trail)
 (Shiggy section)
(Traildog Sparta also added this section of trail)
 (Beer Island was underwater)
 (We used Beer Island anyways)
 (Full Moon Risin' first set)
(Full Moon Risin' second set)
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment